- To be alive, reasonably healthy and generally sane.
- That I have a crazy husband whom I would not trade for anything, not even the Powerball.
- When my mother has a good day, because one good day can make up for several bad days.
- Caring and attentive neighbors and friends.
- My parents' 40th Wedding Anniversary Celebration (and that it exceeded our expectations).
- My brother's engagement (finally).
- That my Baby Niece is really a lot like me, so watch out world!
- Dancing out of my comfort zone.
- Good friends who accept me for me.
- Found treasures that once belonged to my grandmother.
- New relationships and opportunities.
- The ability to start all over again, and resolve to do much better this time.
- Old friends and the blessing of reconnection through Facebook.
- The necessity of letting go of the hurts from the past.
- Blessings that are being bestowed on others.
- True sisterhood and the work that sustains it.
- Online shopping.
- Yoga (yes, it has been bringing me peace).
- That this old house is not yet falling apart, despite our negligence and DIY disasters.
- That we can bless others with the little bit we have and no longer need.
- This blog and the growth I am claiming for it in 2013 and beyond.
- That *free* makeover I underwent a few weeks ago.
- That scripted television has made a comeback.
- Wisdom, growth and maturity.
- A new church family at Shiloh, and extended church families at St. Theresa of Avila, Tabernacle and Canaan Christian Fellowship.
- Butterflies, ladybugs and dragonflies.
- The 90s.
- That I went to Europe this year unexpectedly.
- Sometimes obsessiveness is a good thing.
- That I am the proud Big Sister/Auntie/Titi to several wonderful young people.
- These gray hairs on my head that insist on asserting themselves no matter what.
- That God saw fit to surround me with great men.
- Health insurance.
- The 2012 election. In America, we can agree to disagree without bloodshed and chaos.
- Christmas as seen through the eyes of children.
- Inspiration and dreams.
- Animal print accessories.
Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Many Happy Returns!
It has been a month or so since my last dispatch, and because today is a special day, I just thought that I would offer up a list of 39 things for which I am eternally grateful:
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment